Affidavit of Richard Reyna
In the Criminal District Court No.3
Dallas County, Texas
DARLIE LYNN ROUTIER
No. F96-39973-MJ IN THE CRIMINAL
NO. 3 OF
DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS
AFFIDAVIT OF RICHARD REYNA
STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF MONTGOMERY
1. My name is Richard Reyna. I am over the age of twenty-one (21) years, of sound mind, and am wholly competent to sign this affidavit. I have never been convicted of a felony or crime of moral trupitude. I have personal knowledge of the facts stated in this affidavit, and they are true and correct.
2. In the course of investigating the capital murder conviction of Darlie Lynn Routier I have personally interviewed with Darin Routier, husband of Darlie Lynn Routier.
3. During the month of March, 2001, I was informed by Darlie Kee, mother of Darlie Lynn Routier, that her husband, Bob Kee, told her that he had a conversation with Darin Routier. Mr. Routier told him that prior to the death of his two children and the attack on his wife, he had been thinking about having the house burglarized for insurance purposes. Bob Kee said that Darin Routier used the slang word 'hit' instead of burglary.
4. A few days after receiving this information I met with Darin Routier near Rowlett, Texas. Mr. Routier at first denied that he ever told Bob Kee, that he was thinking about having the house burglarized for insurance purposes. He then admitted that he did tell Mr. Kee but that he did not follow through.
5. On May 8, 2002, at approximately 9:00 a.m., I met with Darin Routier at the Weathervane Restaurant in Buffalo, Texas. Mr. Routier admitted again that a few days before the murder of his two children and attack on his wife, he did tell Bob Kee that he was thinking about having the house burglarized.
FURTHER, Affiant sayeth not.
This instrument was acknowledged before me on this day of May, 2002 by
Notary Public in and for the State of Texas